Move Out Checklist
PLAN AHEAD AS MOVING IS STRESSFUL!!
- Remove all items from the apartment: drawers, closets, cupboards, etc.
- Remove all trash during the week prior to this date. You CANNOT leave trash curbside for several days.
- All keys returned to our office or left on the kitchen counter of your apartment.
- Clean the apartment including behind and inside of the oven, refrigerator, closets, walls, cabinets, showers, toilets, sinks, floors, etc. Carpets need to be vacuumed and if necessary shampooed.
- All damage needs to be repaired.
- Refrigerator inside & out & behind
- Cupboards in side & out
- Mop floors
- oven inside and out and behind
- counter tops
- inside of all windows and the window sills
- if windows will tilt do the outsides
- vanity inside & out
- shower & baths
- mop floors
- medicine cabinet
- wipe down all heating baseboards
- vacuum under and behind baseboard
- vacuum all carpets
- mop all linoleum or laminate flooring
- knock down any cobwebs
- wipe down walls, molding & mop
- wipe down doors
- clean off all door handles
Entrances / Hallways
- sweep, vacuum, mop all hallways
- knock down cobwebs
Security Deposit will be mailed out within 30 days to the designated person on the lease and to the address provided.
Contact the post office to have your mail forwarded to your new address. They have a card there for you to fill out.
Call to have your cable and internet service disconnected. If you are renting equipment from them, return it in person.
Call the electricity company and cancel your account if you are paying for electricity.
Thank you for your cooperation,